From cybersecurity and cloud computing to AI and defense operations, organizations in the business to government market are helping agencies more effectively deliver citizen services and mission objectives. Similarly, trade publications within the public sector and defense community are responsible for covering the news and driving the narrative that addresses the trends and drivers in this unique environment. As a PR/marketing professional, how can you work better with the media to deliver an insightful and impactful story that speaks to the government and/or defense audience?
Join our panel of reporters and editors to hear straight from the source on how you can best engage with this media market. Learn about what content resonates with their audiences, the “dos and don’ts” of pitching stories, and how to foster and maintain relationships. The panel will discuss:
1. How best to communicate and foster media relationships?
2. What content resonates with this audience and what type of content is most beneficial?
3. Why the defense and public sector market is so different from a reporting perspective?
4. How to be respectful of a reporter’s time and workload? What information/assets can be provided in advance to help craft a story?
5. What are the big dos and don’ts of pitching stories? What types of pitches catch attention and how to avoid pitches ending up in the deleted folder?
6. What are the most impactful stories in this market?