Bob London, founder and CEO of Chief Listening Officers, is a 20+ year marketing leader who helps companies develop marketing strategies that start with learning the customer’s true perspective. Chief Listening Officers serves emerging to mid-size B2B technology and professional services firms across the software, SaaS, data, financial services and healthcare sectors. (www.chieflisteningofficers.co
Bob pioneered the Outsourced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) concept in 2003 when he founded London, Ink, a B2B marketing consultancy. He has worked with, advised and mentored dozens of small- and mid-size companies on their marketing strategy and execution, serving as an interim or part-time CMO.
- Is Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) at the University of Maryland’s Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship, providin
g guidance to student entrepreneurs and a regular speaker and contributor at Dingman’s entrepreneurship classes.
- Serves as a global mentor and advisor to early-stage tech companies at 1776, an internationally renowned startup incubator headquartered in Washington, DC.
- Is a member of advisory board for The Marketing Alliance, the leading education and networking group for B2B technology marketing executives in the DC area.
- Has keynoted or spoken at the Mid-Atlantic Marketing Summit (4 times) and Potomac Tech Wire’s “Future of Marketing” Conference.
- Has delivered keynote talks at the Private Access Network Annual Meeting and WashingtonExec’s Next Gen Event.
- Has been the featured speaker at Network Solutions’ GrowSmartBiz Conference, the National Association of Federal Credit Union’s Annual Conference (three times) and the nationwide Unintentional Entrepreneur series.
- Publishes the popular DriveTime Marketing video blog as well as Bobservations, a blog series that chronicles the often humorous intersection of business and life.
Early in his career, Bob the $200 million national advertising launch of MCI’s breakthrough Friends & Family product. He also served as VP of Marketing for Digex, Incorporated, a national Web hosting and management firm that grew 100% annually during his tenure and went through not one but two IPOs. In addition, Bob was director of product marketing for Verisign, the leading web identity and security firm and Chief Marketing Officer of SingleShop, a venture-backed online shopping startup that burst along with the 2000 dotcom bubble.Bob’s work and writing has been featured in or covered by the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, the Miami Herald, USA Today, Marketing News (the AMA’s flagship magazine), The Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO DC magazine.
Bob graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a BS in Marketing and resides in Potomac, MD with his wife and two teenage sons.